These are a winner with my hubby and were great energy snacks on our trip to the Sunshine Coast for Tough Mudder.
This recipe is based from The Hair Pin with just a couple of changes and they are Awesome!
1 ¼ cups chickpeas (soaked or canned drained and dried)
½ cup Almond or Cashew butter
2 tsp vanilla
¼ cup Maple Syrup
2 tbs coconut oil melted
1 tsp baking powder
a pinch or two of salt
2/3 cup organic dark chocolate chips
1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees (C). Line a cookie sheet with baking paper
2. Measure out your chickpeas, and make sure to dry them off first on paper towels.
3. Puree in a food processor fitted with a steel blade. Scrape down the edges, and pulse again a few times until the “dough” is completely smooth.
4. Add all the remaining ingredients (except the dark chocolate chips). Puree!
5. Pour the cookie dough into a bowl, and add in the chocolate chips. The dough will be super sticky, it is meant to be!
6. Scoop out spoonfuls of dough and drop them onto the baking paper. Flatten slightly with a fork if you wish.
7. Bake for about 13 minutes. Enjoy!