I have always found cooking with Coconut flour difficult (my ancient oven could be part of the problem). My excitement for baked goods quickly fades as I cut into a dry and crumbly mess. However, I think after much experimentation I have one that not only smells delicious but has great texture!
I adapted my recipe from http://wheatfreeandglutenfreebreadrecipe.blogspot.com.au/ Paleo Coconut & Walnut Bread.
My recipe is as follows:
1 cups of organic coconut flour
1 tsp gluten free baking powder
0.5 cup shredded organic coconut
0.5 cup local raw honey
1 cup organic or homemade coconut milk (full fat)
3 free-range eggs
0.5 cup of coconut oil
3 mashed bananas (small-med)
1. In one bowl blend wet ingredients until smooth
2. In another bowl mix dry ingredients.
3. Add dry ingredients to wet slowly ensure the mixture is well blended
4. Pour into baking paper lined loaf tin and cook for 50-60min @ 180 degrees (C)
5. Ensure when baking with coconut flour that you allow to cool completely in tin before cutting.
Enjoy with reduced strawberry syrup (mush up and slowly cook strawberries with a little stevia or honey if you wish. I like them just as they are).