Well it took me an entire 24 hours of scanning recipes to decide what to make for my Birthday (yes I made my own cake – my husband is away and the challenge of a grain-free/dairy-free dessert was a little too much for the rest of my family lol).
I decided on a recipe by Primally Inspired and they were amazing!! This is the recipe as I made it!
Ingredients (makes 10 cups)
1 cup pecans (processed until a mix of small chunks and some flour)
3 Tablespoons Organic Coconut oil
1 Tablespoon Pure Maple Syrup
1 Teaspoon Organic Vanilla essence
1/2 Teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 Teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon Himalayan Pink rock salt
Pumpkin Pie Layer
1 Cup roast pumpkin
1 Organic free range eggs
1 Teaspoon mixed spice (cinnamon, nutmeg & allspice)
1-2 Tablespoon honey (to your taste – I just used 1)
1 Cup cashews soaked overnight
2 Tablespoons Pure Maple Syrup
1/3 Cup Organic Coconut oil
1 Lemon juiced and water added to make up 1/2 cup of liquid
Pinch of salt
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees (c) and line cupcake tray with 12 liners.
2. Combine crust ingredients and press a large teaspoon of mixture into each liner. Bake for 8-10 minutes. Remove and let cool
3. Mix pumpkin pie layer in food processor until smooth. Put about a tablespoon of mixure in each cup, smooth off tops & bake for 45min or until set. Remove and let cool
4. Drain your cashews and place in food processor with other cheesecake topping ingredients and process until creamy. This will take several minutes. Stop and test consistency – should be smooth and light. Spread evenly into each cup and decorate as you wish!
5. Let set in fridge for atleast 2 hours and then devour!
I was extremely happy with the consistency of these cheesecakes and the added bonus was that the entire family enjoyed them thoroughly! I think the biggest test when making healthy alternatives is to have people who typically don’t eat as you do rave about your healthy version…and everyone did! Total winner! I think you could get away with blended chia gel or gelatin for an egg free version!