Yesterday I accidentally made the BEST EVER Chocolate Muffins. I planned to make coconut flour chocolate cake, but was out of coconut flour. Using almond flour instead and adjusting the liquid quantities resulted in a fantastic grain-free, dairy-free, low sugar recipe that I could not wait to share!
4 cups Almond Flour
2 Tablespoons Cacao powder
1 Teaspoon Baking soda
1/2 Teaspoon Himalayan Rock Salt
1/2 Cup Coconut oil
1/2 Cup Raw local honey
4 Organic Eggs
2 Tablespoons Organic Vanilla Essence (yes it is a lot but just trust me)
1 Cup Dark Chocolate chips (I use Enjoy Life Dairy Free but you can use anything you like)
1. Heat oven to 170 degree (c). Line a muffin tray with papers.
2. Mix all the dry ingredients until well combined and all lumps of flour have broken up.
3. In a separate bowl mix all the wet ingredients with a fork – beating well.
4. Add dry ingredients gradually to the wet ingredients mixing until just combined.
5. Add chocolate chips and stir through.
6. Divide between the muffin cases and bake for 25minutes.
Yum! They are so delicious – we only have 2 left from the batch I made yesterday and I think I deserve dessert tonight……..
Posted in Allergy & Intolerance, Recipes, Uncategorized
Tagged allergy friendly, Almond meal, bacon, baking, chocolate, Chocolate chip, Coconut, coconut flour, coconut oil, dairy free, facebook, flavour, free range, gluten free, grain free, health, Ingredient, muffin, Recipe, Sodium bicarbonate, Tablespoon, well-being
Banana & Coconut Bread
I have always found cooking with Coconut flour difficult (my ancient oven could be part of the problem). My excitement for baked goods quickly fades as I cut into a dry and crumbly mess. However, I think after much experimentation I have one that not only smells delicious but has great texture!
I adapted my recipe from http://wheatfreeandglutenfreebreadrecipe.blogspot.com.au/ Paleo Coconut & Walnut Bread.
My recipe is as follows:
1 cups of organic coconut flour
1 tsp gluten free baking powder
0.5 cup shredded organic coconut
0.5 cup local raw honey
1 cup organic or homemade coconut milk (full fat)
3 free-range eggs
0.5 cup of coconut oil
3 mashed bananas (small-med)
1. In one bowl blend wet ingredients until smooth
2. In another bowl mix dry ingredients.
3. Add dry ingredients to wet slowly ensure the mixture is well blended
4. Pour into baking paper lined loaf tin and cook for 50-60min @ 180 degrees (C)
5. Ensure when baking with coconut flour that you allow to cool completely in tin before cutting.
Enjoy with reduced strawberry syrup (mush up and slowly cook strawberries with a little stevia or honey if you wish. I like them just as they are).
Posted in Allergy & Intolerance, Recipes
Tagged baking, banana, bread, Coconut, dairy free, gluten free, grain free, Ingredient, paleo, Recipe