Yesterday I accidentally made the BEST EVER Chocolate Muffins. I planned to make coconut flour chocolate cake, but was out of coconut flour. Using almond flour instead and adjusting the liquid quantities resulted in a fantastic grain-free, dairy-free, low sugar recipe that I could not wait to share!
4 cups Almond Flour
2 Tablespoons Cacao powder
1 Teaspoon Baking soda
1/2 Teaspoon Himalayan Rock Salt
1/2 Cup Coconut oil
1/2 Cup Raw local honey
4 Organic Eggs
2 Tablespoons Organic Vanilla Essence (yes it is a lot but just trust me)
1 Cup Dark Chocolate chips (I use Enjoy Life Dairy Free but you can use anything you like)
1. Heat oven to 170 degree (c). Line a muffin tray with papers.
2. Mix all the dry ingredients until well combined and all lumps of flour have broken up.
3. In a separate bowl mix all the wet ingredients with a fork – beating well.
4. Add dry ingredients gradually to the wet ingredients mixing until just combined.
5. Add chocolate chips and stir through.
6. Divide between the muffin cases and bake for 25minutes.
Yum! They are so delicious – we only have 2 left from the batch I made yesterday and I think I deserve dessert tonight……..